Sunday, March 2, 2008

Mail Count So Far Here At Berryton

Half way through mail count and we are still treading water, but don’t think we’re gaining.

Of course, the last week of the month is sometimes slow. With no “Hallmark” holiday, the first class mail is limited to bills. For my 403 customer route, I usually get five to six feet of letters. Two days last week, I only had four feet.

The flats were conspicuously down. We were all very concerned. Finally toward the end of the week, the magazines picked up. I noticed there were quite a few dated advertisements ready for Monday delivery when I left yesterday.

Our only “discussions” have been over flat versus parcel. I always try to present my side. Then we have to bring out the ruler. I have won a few; however, our postmaster is good about checking sizes so I feel we usually get a fair count.

I’ve been lucky in that I’ve had a steady stream of Certified letters and a few COAs. Last mail count I was unusually short in that column. Anytime we have a positive change over last mail count is a bonus.

Finally, I am definitely missing my carrier pickup orders. There were about five orders a week previously. I have had ONE since the count began. And, this time it rolls into our route evaluation. All I can hope is that my Ebayers sell some things this weekend!

I have not figured my route. I make it a point not to do that. It is stressful and proves very little. We’ll see next weekend. Good luck!

No comments:

Disclaimer

This website is not sponsored nor authorized by: USPS - NRLCA - State or Local Associations - Other Craft Unions -- or any other types of Organizations.

It is simply a guide to help rural letter carriers do research, find postal information and links on the web. Always contact your local and state stewards or your state and national officers for official advice and instructions.