Thursday, November 20, 2008

Monster Cookies

We just completed a sharp Rural Carrier Academy class. They were first rate particpants and will make excellent rural carriers. I made Monster cookies and promised to post the recipe here. Warning: this recipe will make a tub of cookies--post office tub that is!

Monster Cookies
12 eggs
2 lbs brown sugar
4 cups white sugar
1 T. vanilla
1 T. syrup
8 teaspoons soda
1 lb. butter
3lbs. peanut butter (crunchy)
18 cups oatmeal
1 lb. chocolate chips
1 lb M & Ms
Note: I add about three cups flour. You might want to experiment with this a little.

Mix in order given in large dish pan. Bake 350 7 to 10 minutes for a medium size cookie or longer for a ice cream scoop size cookie.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

What kind of 'syrup' is item number 5?

Linda said...

I think it is probably Karo-like syrup. When I made these last time, I used honey because that's all I had. It worked OK. Mine were so runny when I baked them that I had to add the flour, though.

Disclaimer

This website is not sponsored nor authorized by: USPS - NRLCA - State or Local Associations - Other Craft Unions -- or any other types of Organizations.

It is simply a guide to help rural letter carriers do research, find postal information and links on the web. Always contact your local and state stewards or your state and national officers for official advice and instructions.